Web Getting Started Guide
Welcome to Siteline App Web!
This is your Getting Started Guide to help you with the basics of the Siteline App for the Web. Following this guide is the Mobile Getting Started Guide to get you started on the Mobile application.
After signing up for your 30-day trial, you will receive a Welcome email with your username and a link to login to Siteline App.
Siteline App Web: Can be run on any browser and is used to Invite Users, perform Administrator Setup, manage your Billing information, Import/Export data, manage Locations, Items and Inventory, perform actions on the inventory, and view all action history from the web and mobile transactions.
Siteline App Mobile: Available in the iOS App and Google Play stores and allows you to collect data on an iOS or Android device. With a network connection, transactions are instantly sent to the Siteline App servers and available to view within the Siteline App Web. Your login information for the Siteline App Web and Mobile is the same.
Organizations: If you support multiple customers or have separate teams, you can create Organizations and customize each to suit your needs within Siteline App. Organizations allow you to segregate your work. Upon signing up for Siteline you are automatically assigned one Organization that will be available during your trial period. Once you complete your trial period, you will have the option to create two additional Organizations.
Items: Stores information about the item such as manufacturer, description, purchase price, etc. for the individual pieces of equipment, product, or service that you plan to track. You can setup default lists for the manufacturer of the item such as KitchenAid, Apple, Ericsson and for the Item Type which is a description of the item such as Refrigerator, MacBook Pro, Antenna.
Locations: Inventory is tracked to a Location that you can view on a real-time map. You can setup default lists for the Location Type to categorize or organize Locations such as Storage, Vehicle, Warehouse, Repair, and Statuses to describe the state the Location is in such as In Transit, Spare, Available, Lost.
Inventory: Items you track such as assets, property, goods, equipment, or contents of a warehouse. Either as a quantity of one with the option to track as a unique Serial Number and/or Tag ID or in multiple quantities. You can setup default lists for Inventory Statuses to assign to inventory independent of a location such as Available, Lost, Installed, or In Transit. Other optional fields include Conditions (i.e. Damaged, New, Used), Dispositions (i.e. Scrap, Consignment, Sold), Owners (who owns or is financially responsible for the inventory), Usages (i.e. Project, Tooling, Build Out, Spares). Available inventory actions are Stock, Split, Transfer, Delete, Update, Assign to Group, Remove from Group and for Groups are Destroy and Relabel.
System Admin Console: Select users will be able to perform System Admin tasks such as configure forms, manage billing information and create organizations. Siteline supports up to 3 concurrent System Admins.
Data Q: Search and filter on your data such as Locations, Items, Inventory, Statuses, Conditions etc. Searches can be run real time, saved for future use, or scheduled to run at specified intervals and exported or emailed via .csv files.
Action History: View all actions that have been performed on inventory and groups including changes, errors, success, notes and the user who performed the action and the date and time it occurred.
The Welcome email included a link to Siteline App, your Username, and a link to setup your password. If you have not setup your password yet, click the link and setup your password. To login, click the link to Siteline which will open in a browser window, enter your Username and Password, then click SIGN IN.
- When you login the Navigation pane is expanded, you will see the Siteline App logo and name
- To collapse the Navigation pane to show just the navigation icons, click the icon to the right of Siteline App logo and to expand the Navigation pane to display the icons and text at any time.
- To go to your Account Details or Logout, click on your name on the far right in the top task bar. In this example it’s , from there you can select Account or Logout.
Creating User Groups
User Groups are created to manage permissions in the Siteline App on the Web and in Mobility.
- Click on your Organization in the upper right-hand corner and select .
- To create a User Group, click on and enter a Group Name, click Save, and assign user.
- You can click on the Edit Button to configure each group and manage users within that group. You can also edit group permissions here.
- To invite an existing member to a group, click within that group the button, select a user and then .
We have made inviting users simple and intuitive, with just a couple of clicks you can have New Users.
- On the left-hand Navigation pane, select where you will see all users on the Dashboard.
- At the top right click .
- Type the user’s email and click .
- Once invited, you can select to manage users invites.
- Select any display name to edit a user’s information.
- You can also activate or deactivate users from this page as well.
- Import functionality is available if you have multiple users to invite.
Next, let’s get setup and start tracking!
We’ve made configuring your settings easy to manage for your organization.
- To start configuring your Settings, click to access the Tracking module on the left side Navigation pane.
- That will drop the menu down and you can select . Here, you can manage Inventory, Locations, Items, and Imports. Each one configures similarly by selecting one of the options.
For example, for Statuses, you select , then you can select to add a new Status and click when you are done. You also have the option to Delete, Import and Export.
Adding Items is where the fun begins, you can start by adding items that you will track and manage through Siteline App.
- Select to go to the Items page by clicking .
- From there you will select next to an item to add details about the item such as Manufacturer Part Number, Description, Cost, Dimensions. Additionally, if you have defined Item Types or Manufacturers during Setup, you can add those here.
- Click when finished, and your item will show up in the Items page.
Before we move onto adding inventory, you need to setup at least one Location.
- Under the Tracking tab, select then click .
- Enter the Location Name, which depending on your setup can vary. It can be something like DEN-SITE-001, or maybe the name of the store, completely up to you.
- Enter any additional Location information such as Description, City, State, or even Latitude and Longitude.
Note, if you want to add Location Types or Location Statuses, you must add these under Setup.
Viewing Location Details is a great to view Inventory, History, Contacts, and Attachments associated with the Location.
- Once your Locations are entered, you can view the Location data and details by clicking to the left of the Location Name.
- Once you open the Location page, click the bar at the bottom of the page to see information such as Inventory tracked at the Location, History, Contacts, and Attachments.
- You can add Attachments and Contacts from the Location Details.
Stocking inventory is just as easy!
- From the left navigation pane, select where you can choose to Stock, Split, Transfer, or Deplete Inventory.
- We are just going to Stock an item, so select at the top right of the Inventory page.
- You will see a popup screen where you can select the Location that we created from the drop-down box.
- Select the Item Number that we created already as well. Location and an Item Number are required fields.
- From here you can add Quantity and a Tag if you have one. If you are adding multiple items, you won’t be able to add a Tag or Serial Number as those are unique identifiers and will always be a quantity of one.
- If you want to add Status, Condition Code, Disposition code, Owner Code or Usage Codes, these need to be setup beforehand under the Setup tab so you can select them from the drop-down box.
- This is also where you can create a Group. Once a group is created, you can add multiple items to that group so that inventory can move together to a new Location.
That’s it! Those are the Basics of the Siteline App for the Web